Thursday, November 19, 2009

2 Year Check-Up

We visited Dr. Blair today for Owen's well baby (toddler) appointment. He weighs 29 pounds and is 35.5 inches tall-almost 3 feet tall! He's in the 75th percentile for both height and weight-properly proportioned. Also, Owen aced his developmental analysis. I laughed because one of the questions was "Is Owen able to follow simple commands, like Come here or Put this away?" I told her he understands, but he sure doesn't always obey! She also asked me if Owen can tell when I'm mad or upset. I laughed again-he knows, alright!

Owen also had to have his second set of 1-year shots today. I spread his shots out and waited until now for the second set. Owen was SO mad about the shots and did NOT want those band-aids on his legs! He kept crying for his 'dee-da' (Jacob). After a minute or two, I managed to soothe him with a sucker and a lemon-berry slush from Sonic. ;)

Dr. Blair told me I had a happy, healthy boy. She commented on how thin his file was because we really have only been to see her a couple other times outside of Owen's well baby check-ups. I certainly do not take for granted having a healthy boy. We have been so fortunate and thank God daily for our healthy child. We're praying Owen's sibling will be as happy and healthy as he is!

No comments: