Friday, July 9, 2010

Minnesota Adventures

We are still in Grand Marais enjoying the mild temperatures and beautiful scenery. I am looking forward to going home (we are all missing Jacob terribly!), but I am dreading the hot and sticky weather we will encounter back in Arkansas. Here's a peak at what we've been doing while we've been away.

Owen and his grandpa have been making regular trips to the Lake in the morning and/or evening. He could spend hours throwing rocks into the clear, blue water. Grandpa spends his time carving or looking for agates (aka "treasure rocks") and Owen spends his time throwing grandpa's treasure rocks back into the lake!

Here's a view of the little town of Grand Marais from the shoreline. There are shops and restaurants dotting the curved land of the harbor forming a kind of semi-circle encompassing a small portion of the Great Lake.

Owen loves trucks, tractors and constuction equipment, so we were thrilled to find a local business that had some heavy equipment on display like a Bob the Builder petting zoo-ha! Owen was pretty excited about our find!

Here's Owen checking out the backhoe. You can see some of the other vehicles lined up in the background.

Here's Olivia enduring yet another kiss from me. You can kind of see our little cabin in this picture. It's super cute on the outside-a little less cute on the inside :) We are, however, thoroughly enjoying our proximity to the Lake which we can see from our windows (happy sigh).

Here's a crooked grin from a sweet girl for all you grand's we left behind in Arkansas. I know you are missing us, but we'll be home very soon. Hope these pictures can tide you over until we get there!
We have had a wonderful trip, but I am exhausted! Having two children is a lot of work and traveling with them is even trickier! Of course, I have two extremely helpful grandparents, but being away from familiar places and routines has been difficult for all of us. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal...although our "normal" is going to look a little different when we return to AR :)

1 comment:

The Hart Family said...

Amazing pictures! Grand Marais is gorgeous!! I can't imagine how difficult it has been being away and out of your routing for so long. It's incredible that you can do that, though. The "Bob the Builder" petting zoo line made me laugh :) Olivia is sooo precious!