Saturday, June 4, 2011

Friends

One of the most difficult things about moving away from Cabot a year ago was leaving all the sweet friends we had grown to love. We did life with those people: learned together, laughed together, watched our children grow and play together. One of the families I threatened to pack up and bring with me was the Steelman's. Their little boy, Jake, is Owen's best buddy and they have a little girl, Avery, who is only a few months younger than Olivia. We were so thrilled to have them come for a visit this week! Sometimes play dates take effort, but being with Kristin, Jake and Avery is always a refreshing breath-natural and easy. It was such a fun day for us!

We had to take our buddies to the State Park Visitor Center because: 1) Owen likes to impress people with his mad turtle-catching skills and 2) it was air-conditioned.



Olivia tried her best to keep up with the big boys.
If those legs were just a little bit longer...



For the record, I encouraged Owen to change into some more swim appropriate attire, but he moodily informed me he had no interest in swimming. It took all of 3 seconds of wading in, feeling the cool water for the clothes to come off. Thomas the Train tighty-whities...what can I say? Last year he was only interested in skinny dipping, so this is progress. Kristin said he may be a Speedo kind of guy-ha!





Olivia had the best time hanging out in the lake. I'm pretty sure she would have walked right out with the boys if I hadn't made her stay by me...she's fearless, that one.


Avery snoozed under a shade tree while the boys and Olivia played in the water.
We followed up our lake fun with a few ice cream treats from Sonic.
Like I said, it was a fun day with some of our favorite people-doesn't get any better.

No comments: