So, it's been a little while since my last post. I thought I'd try to play a little catch up, but I think I'll just start with Thanksgiving and see if I can get back in the blogging groove.
We spent the majority of Thanksgiving Day at Jacob's parents' farm eating and visiting with the Hill side of the family. It is the only time of year his dad's family has a big gathering and we had aunts, uncles and cousins from all over Arkansas and Texas in for the occasion. I think there were 29 of us in all including the family matriarch, Grandma Jean, who we surprised with an early birthday celebration-she will turn 90 years old on Christmas Eve. Every other year we all gather at Jacob's aunt's house, but the years at the farm are really fun because the cousins love taking the 4-wheelers and Gator out for a spin on Papa and Meme's property. Owen spent the entire day outside playing, stepping inside only long enough to refuel on turkey and birthday cake.

Let me explain Owen's mismatched tennis shoes. First of all, it is a
miracle to see Owen wearing anything other than Crocs on his feet. He literally has had one pair of shoes for months because he refused to wear anything other than those rubber clogs. He mentioned to Meme he might be interested in a green pair of tennis shoes (like his Dee-da's shoes), so she tracked down a pair that met his approval. He then proceeded to up the ante by stating he would also like an orange pair just like the green pair (he's no fool-he knows Meme, Nana and Gran will grant most any wish he has). So, wouldn't you know, savvy shoe shopper that she is, Meme found a pair of identical orange shoes! However, Owen likes them both so much he can never decide which pair to wear-his solution: wear one of each, of course! That boy makes me laugh!

While Owen was outside running wild with his cousin buddies, Olivia was inside practicing the piano with Ian. She thinks she's big stuff. Look at her concentrating so well! :)
Olivia and Meme checking out the outside crowd.

Here is where Owen, Avery and Andrew were for hours, riding around in the back of the Gator with anyone who was willing to drive them. We started referring to them as
the triplets because they were inseparable all day. Owen had so much fun playing with them-it's too bad they both live in Dallas or we'd have to set up some regular play dates.
Every year for the past 30+ years, Jacob's family has taken a family photo at Thanksgiving. I've seen pictures in his grandma's house of all Jacob's girl cousins holding their baby dolls in those Thanksgiving photos and now all of them have children of their own! It's a fun family tradition that I actually got to take part in many years ago when we were still dating. My how things have changed for us in the past 10 years!
We ate Thanksgiving dinner at Grandpa David and Nana's house with Cade, Joe, Ams, Elsy Kate, G'g'ma, Grandpa Bruce and Gran. It was a yummy meal and a fun, relaxing way to end the day. We sure do have so much to be thankful for around here and I've been counting my blessings all week!

No comments:
Post a Comment