 |
Me and Mom before walking the Soaring Wings Half Marathon in Conway, AR
Saturday, October 27, 2012 |
|
|
On Saturday, Mom and I walked 13.1 miles together. It took us over 3 hours, but we did it! Last year was my first year to run the half marathon and I really enjoyed training for and participating in the race. I decided I wanted to be a part of the race again this year, but knowing I would be 27 weeks into my third pregnancy on race day, I opted to walk. I asked Mom to train and walk with me and she agreed! She was my cheerleader last year, so I'm glad she decided to actually join in this year. There is a Soaring Wings half marathon training group at our church and I think we started out with over 100 people this year. I always looked forward to the Saturday morning run/walks with the entire group. I think we're the second largest training group in the state for this particular race. It was a beautiful day on Saturday and it was great to help support such a unique ministry as the
Soaring Wings Ranch.
 |
| Our training group from First Baptist Church-and that's not even all of them! |
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment