Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice...

That's what little GIRLs are made of!

Here she is! We think she's beautiful already!

She weighs in at 12 ounces. She'll need to put on a few more pounds before we meet her, but I'm sure that won't be a problem since her momma is planning to eat a lot of goodies this Christmas!


We had our ultrasound and 20 week check-up today. Everything went great and baby GIRL Hill looked fabulous. The first thing the ultrasound technician said was, "Oh, I see a beautiful 4-chamber heart!" I thought that was funny and sweet. She said that meant our baby's heart was healthy and there was little or no chance of any kind of defect. Ah, good words. Isn't that what every mother hopes for-a healthy baby? The technician also checked all baby girl's organs, bones, umbilical cord, etc and said she looked wonderful. She is measuring right on target. Good news all around!

Jacob and I are thrilled and Owen has already started saying "sister." Now we can begin trying to figure out a name for our little bundle. I'm having a hard time, but I'm confident we'll come up with something.

I'm going to take a nap. I woke up with a fun case of dizziness and nausea this morning. Apparently baby girl was making sure I remembered she was there! She has been different from her brother from the very beginning and I'm excited to meet her and see just how different little girls really are!

Oh, one more thing. I asked Jacob if he could handle all the pink. He assured me he could. I think he's pretty excited. ;)

10 comments:

Whitney said...

Congratulations Katie! How exciting... a GIRL! Glad to hear everything is good. What a true blessing and miracle!

Lauren said...

Yea! That is so exciting! What a blessing to have another healthy little baby. I wish I had enjoyed picking out a name for Spencer. I didn't. It was hard, and I was sick, so it was even harder. So, good luck with that. I'm sure you're up for the challenge.

RobinVZ said...

My vote is for Olivia!

Beth said...

Congrats! I know you can't wait to meet her and put a cute little bow on her head =)

the.feeblefutts said...

WooHooo! Just as we had suspected from the very beginning. Unfortunately, I [ChaCha Joe] thought I would spice it up and predict 'boy' on the previous post. Now, I will never hear the end of it from Auntie Ams...

Either way, we are so excited! And can't wait to spoil our new little niece.

Emily Blackwell said...

I'm not really sure why, but your post gave me a lump in my throat. I have no explanation for it but thought you might think that was funny. I am absolutely thrilled! Really. And I can't wait to meet her...I mean I can [Please stay put for now little girl] but I am definitely looking forward to it! Love, love, love ya'll!

Em

Dania Efird said...

Congrats!! Daddy's secretly love al the girly stuff for "daddys' girls"!

thescotts said...

Congratulations!! Girls are fun!

Larry and Bethany Walker said...

So excited for you!!! I know you must be thrilled to find out what the world of pink and dresses will be like! Owen is going to be such a good big brother to his baby sister!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I'll tell you now the answer to your question...boys and girls are completely different creatures! You'll love it! Plus every Daddy needs a daughter even if they don't know it. I'm so excited for you guys!