Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Work in Progress...

One thing Jacob and I really liked about our house (other than the price :) ) was that it was 10 years old when we bought it and in need of some updates. We felt like we had a blank canvas to make our own and since it wasn't brand new we didn't feel bad about making some changes. Before we moved in, my team of workers (i.e., our families) repainted every wall and ceiling, replaced light fixtures, tore up carpet and some tile, cleaned...the list goes on and on...bless them. They worked hard and within a few weeks we were able to move in and start trying to settle in after a little over a month of 'homelessness'. We are really enjoying our house and I am so happy with the makeover, but I still have a list in my head of things I would like to do. One of the big projects on my list was replacing our front door and light fixture. This past weekend, Jacob tackled that project.

This is kind of a before and after of the old white door and the new RED door.
The old door didn't provide much privacy and I just wasn't a fan.
There's a sweet, curious boy peeking out from behind door #2!

This isn't a great picture, but I wanted to show our Christmas lights.
I still need a wreath and candles in the windows, but there's a little preview of our outside holiday decor.

Here's a close up of the new red door and light fixture.
It's just a little more us and fun and I'm liking it a lot!

Now, on to the next project...

3 comments:

Emily Blackwell said...

You know how I do love a red front door. It looks great!!

Meg said...

Love the new door!! Makeovers are fun!!

the.feeblefutts said...

I love it! I thought you were just going to paint the old one, but I agree that the window hinders the privacy.

Your Christmas lights look great :)