Me and the kiddos have been battling a number of illnesses this week. Owen started us off with a stubborn fever on Monday evening and it held on until he woke up bright and early at 3:30am Wednesday morning-yikes. I have to say, even though is was painfully early and I was beginning to feel the effects of my own sickness, I was SO happy to have my energetic Owen back. I just could not seem to get his fever down which meant he spent a day and a half trembling under a blanket on the couch or sleeping on the floor in his room (his choice). I knew he was feeling better when he started dragging all his toys out and sprinkling them around my
entire house. He was dubbed "Captain Destruct-O" long ago and that name still fits.

Owen is still looking a little droopy-eyed here, but I think he was more irritated at me than ill.

I felt the need to capture proof of his wellness.

Sister baby has what seems to be a cold. I know people always say, "My nose is like a faucet," but,
seriously, Olivia's nose has been a faucet this week! She seems relatively unfazed by the dripping, but has been very irritated with me because I won't leave her runny nose alone. She also decided the sides of her cribs were there to assist her standing, so up she went. I think she figured her yells resonate a little louder from this spot. Perhaps it was her attempt to punish me for all the nose wiping. Anyway, the mattress has officially been lowered to prevent her from hurling herself over the edge and crawling to the door where her pleas could be heard very clearly :)
Owen and I were actually feeling well enough tonight that we bundled up, grabbed a few blankets and went to watch the Christmas parade downtown. Owen was mesmerized and didn't say a word for the first half of the procession. Eventually he was swaying to the Christmas tunes and waving wildly at everyone and decided he needed to watch another parade tonight. It was fun to spend some quality time with my boy.
Hopefully we're all on the mend. I hope so-we have a busy weekend planned!

2 comments:
We've been sickly here too! First Naia and now Paxton, but the kids are out of town with my parents this weekend! We were at the parade too. Naia was in a float and we couldn't even see her, she was on the wrong side! Glad you guys had fun!
So sorry about the sickness! That stinks! On the up side, your kids are cuter than ever and I'm missing ya'll so very much. I hope you're enjoying your Christmas season and that you navigate through the rest of it relatively illness free. Love you much!
Post a Comment