Friday, April 22, 2011

A Berry Sweet Party

We celebrated Olivia's first birthday last Saturday morning with a brunch at our home. The original plan was to host that party at a local park, but the temperatures dropped Friday night, so we moved the festivities indoors. I was a little disappointed at first, but I think it actually turned out better than I had envisioned.

The theme for Olivia's party was strawberries. She was born right around the time the Cabot strawberries were ready last Spring-it's a delicious memory I will always associate with her birth. I LOVE strawberries, so I had a lot of fun incorporating them into her party.

The Invitation

The Brunch Boxes

The Centerpiece

The Table Setting

The Food

Centerpieces with a Sweet Girl in the Background

The Beverages (Berry Thirsty?)

The Dessert Bar

The Gift Table with (per tradition) Birthday Signs and Favors

We had a fun brunch with the family. We ate, watched the birthday girl delight in opening her gifts and exchanged stories of what we were doing one year ago when our girl surprised us a couple days early. I said when she was born that she obviously wanted her own birthday (she was scheduled to arrive on her daddy's birthday) and she has been that way ever since. The girl knows what she wants and proceeds with great determination until she accomplishes her goal. We love you, Olivia Tonette, and had fun celebrating your one year anniversary of joining our family! You are our sunshine and joy!

(Photos taken by Olivia's Uncle Joe)

5 comments:

Lydia Lonon Miller said...

Wow! such a cute party! Cute idea! Love it!

Lauren said...

Katy, it's all beautiful! I love the "brunch boxes" (and not just because I'm constantly hungry). Happy Birthday, Olivia!

Meg said...

Love the pics. Such a SWEET party. And I love the quotes from Owen!

The Hart Family said...

Precious! It looks like it could be in a magazine, great job! Happy Birthday, Olivia.

The Nelson Family said...

What an adorable party! Love all the theme and all the details. This could totally be on one of those party blogs! So cute!