Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Family Day: DHS 10-Year Reunion

This past weekend I helped host the 10-year reunion for my graduating class. We had activities planned Friday-Sunday, so it was a busy few days. I am so thankful for the handful of classmates who helped coordinate the events-it would have been much less fun if it had only been up to me.

On Saturday we invited families to come to the city park to play and eat a picnic. It was my favorite activity of the weekend by far. It was surreal seeing my classmates with their children-we don't seem old enough to have families. The weather was perfect, the kids had fun and it was nice to get to visit in such a laid back setting. If you look behind me in the picture, you can see the pavilion full of people-it was taken early in the day before everyone arrived, so you can see we had a big crowd!

Jacob took more fun pictures for me. He also was the primary child wrangler, so he kept Owen and Olivia entertained at the park which allowed me to visit a little more. Have I mentioned how wonderful he is?

Sweet sister was in her element with all those kids. She truly blossoms in a crowd and loves attention. Her mama, on the other hand, has to psyche herself up for such occasions.

This is Ryley (isn't she adorable?). Ryley's mom, Kayla, and I went to school together for 12 years. She and Owen play really well together and she doesn't live too far away, so we're going to have to make a point to get together for play dates more often. Ryley has a little brother who is Olivia's age and a brand new baby sister.

It will be crazy to see how different all the families look in 10 more years! I have a feeling it's going to be here too fast!

P.S. The stomach bug has reared its ugly head at our house. So far, Olivia is the only victim, but I feel my efforts to quarantine the germs have been in vain. I'm impatiently waiting for it to strike the rest of us...


1 comment:

Dania Efird said...

Paxton had a bug a couple of weeks ago. He's the only one that got it and it landed him in the hospital for the day from dehydration. Hope you guys feel better soon!