Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bonspiel

I returned Monday from a whirlwind trip up North to cheer on members of my family who curled in a bonspiel honoring my Grandpa Futterer-the curling club's first president. Doesn't that sound so small town Minnesota? It was and it was a special treat to visit one of my favorite places on earth in an unfamiliar season. I have not experienced a Grand Marais winter since I was 3 years old. It was beautiful and unseasonably warm, so now I am convinced I need to visit next winter. Also, I relished the time I got to spend with my dad and brother; an 18-hour car ride to and from has a way of restitching the bonds that have been stretched by life, children and the included responsibilities.

Uncle Craig, Aunt Karen, my dad, Joe and Uncle Chuck
(the Futterer kids)

Joe, Me and my dad

My cousin Anna took this photo.
I thought it was a neat glimpse of the game.

Looking forward to the 2013 Charles J. Futterer Memorial Open Bonspiel!

1 comment:

The Hart Family said...

How neat! So glad you got to enjoy it with your Dad and Joe. :) I love hearing about your passion for MN.