Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mommy Day

Owen needed a mommy day yesterday instead of going to Mother's Day Out. I happily agreed, so after we dropped off Olivia, who always loves the chance to play and interact with kiddos, we set out on our adventure for the day. We went to Wal-Mart and bought seeds for planting: pumpkins, watermelons, green beans, tomatoes, sunflowers and marigolds. It was a random assortment to be sure, but it's what Owen wanted and who am I to argue with such a colorful selection? Owen has a Winnie the Pooh book his Nana gave him that is all about gardening, so he's been wanting to try his hand since the dead of winter. We took the first step today, but we'll see how it goes since my mother seems to be hoarding all the green thumbs in the family.

We ate a quick lunch with Dee-da and as we were leaving Chick-Fil-A, Owen noticed a bunch of tiny, white flower petals covering the pavement. He said, "Maybe it's snowing, Momma." I told him I didn't think it was snow because it was too warm outside for snow. He promptly replied, "God can do miracles." I agreed-it was a sweet moment of our day.

We rounded out the afternoon with plenty of running and playing at the park. What a beautiful March day with my favorite little boy!

2 comments:

The Hart Family said...

I LOVED this!! Such a fun day for Mommy and Owen. :)

The Nelson Family said...

What a fun day! I hope yall harvest a bumper crop of yummyness from your little garden! I know Owen must be so proud!