Friday, November 2, 2012

State Park Fun



















There are days Owen and Olivia fight ALL DAY LONG. Olivia is excellent at pushing the right buttons to make her brother furious and frustrated. And Owen is rarely able to ignore Olivia's efforts-he is quick to react to her pestering which only encourages her. I know it's all part of the brother/sister relationship and also exacerbated because they are around each other 24/7. However, those days can wear on a mama. I've discovered fresh air works wonders to cure the bickering, so when the arguing won't stop we head outdoors. There's nothing a beautiful fall evening at the park won't cure!

I packed a little picnic (consisting of rolls and Chili Cheese Fritos-dinner of champions, I know) and we ate by the lake at the State Park. Owen is taking advantage of every opportunity for a bike ride, so we followed him as he rode along the boardwalk. The kids had fun exploring and I enjoyed my relief from the fighting!

1 comment:

Beth said...

They are so cute! I am glad you have been blogging again! I have had my hands full recently, but I hope to catch up soon!

Congratulations on your 3rd!