Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When I Grow Up, I Want to be a Fireman


We took Owen and Olivia to the park on Sunday afternoon. Owen wanted to try the fireman's pole on the playground, but was a little apprehensive about the drop. He requested I show him how to do it. Of course, I obliged-big belly and all. Seeing me brave it worked and with a little coaxing he carefully made his way down the pole. Then he decided it was too scary to try again, so Jacob and I were attempting to convince him to take the plunge once more. I said, "You can't be a firefighter unless you are brave enough to slide down the pole." (He's claimed that's what he would like to be one day). Owen quickly retorted. "I want to be a policeman." Jacob and I got tickled at his quick thinking and cautious demeanor. He did eventually make it down the fireman pole a few more times, so perhaps his future of fighting fires and saving lives can live on, but it's good to know he's got a Plan B just in case!

 

No comments: