Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time Flies!

I always hear people say, "Enjoy it, they grow up so fast!" So true! I think time must be moving at warp speed since adding Miss Olivia to the mix. She will be 7 months old next week! This past week FLEW by, but a few things happened and I don't want to forget them.

Olivia's first tooth made it's debut! We didn't really notice any extra fussiness, but last Tuesday she bit Jacob's finger and there it was. I can already see another one ready to peek through her gums. She'll have a mouthful before we know it!

In other Olivia news...I took her for her 6-month check-up a few weeks ago and discovered that she is not even on the growth chart for weight. I have to say, I wasn't shocked-girlfriend is teensy-tiny. We are going back for a weight check in about a week, so we'll see how she's doing. Her pediatrician suggested we start feeding her protein (apparently that's a new recommendation), so we've been shoveling in the chicken dinners (yuck!). Olivia can eat-anyone who has seen her in action can attest to that. I'm feeding her so much, but I'm not sure where she's storing it. :) She appears to be filling out a little more, but only the scale will tell us for certain. It's been funny to have kiddos on both extremes of the growth charts. Owen was always on the high end-very high end-of height and weight and Olivia has always been on the very low end-when she makes it on the chart, that is :).

Owen is officially "potty" trained. He actually has been since before his birthday, but I never made a formal announcement. However, I put the word, "potty" in quotations because he doesn't actually use the toilet. Owen likes to do all his business outside. Thankfully, most of the time he goes in the backyard, but occasionally he decides the front yard is better (oh, the embarrassment-for me-he doesn't seem to care at all-I mean, we are new in this neighborhood and I haven't actually met everyone, yet. 'Hi, my name is Katy and this is Owen...you've probably seen him before.'). Anyway, he's doing great and his bathroom stays pretty clean, so I can't really complain, but I wonder if he'll still be going outside even when winter arrives...we shall see! Goofball...

My grandparents arrived from MN last week. They spend the winters with my Dad and Sherrye and it's always fun to have them back in AR. It's even more fun this year because we are just a short drive away from them and will be able to check-in and visit much more frequently!

I suppose those are the highlights of life right now. Teeth and potty training...what my life has come to...but, truthfully, I can't imagine anything better. :) I'm trying to savor every moment, because I blink and another week has passed. Before long it will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then Joe and Ams will be home, they will have a baby and Olivia will turn one! Crazy!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I want a tooth picture! Miss you!!!