One of Owen's favorite books is
Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann. It's a fun story about a mischievous gorilla who steals the keys from an unsuspecting zookeeper. The sneaky primate proceeds to unlock the cages of the other animals and they all follow the sleepy zookeeper home. That book and Olivia's costume (which I bought after Halloween last year at Wal-Mart for $1) provided the inspiration for Owen's zookeeper costume. Nana bought the snake and attached it to Owen's shirt and I ironed on the patch and letters. The hat is Grandpa David's-I wish I had a picture of Owen actually wearing it because he looked really cute. The lizard is Gran's and the keys belong to Mema and Papa. I didn't realize what a cooperative effort his costume was-ha!

Here's our little zookeeper getting ready to go to the Fall Festival at church.


Here's our little monkey/gorilla (with a pink bow, of course). Get it...a zookeeper and a monkey? Jacob said I should be the one dressed like a zookeeper-ha! How right he is...Anyway, our little ones looked pretty cute and we had fun at the Fall Festival. We didn't actually do any trick-or-treating, but somehow we ended up with a lot of candy!

No comments:
Post a Comment