We took Olivia on her first road trip this weekend to meet her family in Pope county. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but we had a great time and it ended with a pleasant surprise-read on to find out what I got for Mother's Day. :)

On Friday night, Jacob, Owen, Olivia and I went to a Halbrook family get-together.
Olivia and I enjoyed the cool weather and watched Owen play in the dirt.

Aunt Jeanne had great dirt at her house.
Owen was covered in a thin film of dust by the time we left.

On Saturday, Olivia met her great-grandma Jean Hill.
Grandma Jean seemed pretty tickled to meet this little girl.
I think Olivia looks like her-she is definitely a Hill baby!
On Saturday night, my mom, David, and Cade came to the farm to visit.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures.
BUT, mom did bring Olivia's quilt, so I'll post a picture of that soon-it is SO cute and colorful!

On Sunday, we went to church with Meme and Papa, ate lunch with the McAlister's, then went to Decoration. Decoration is a time to honor family that has passed away. The above picture is of Jacob's grandmother and grand-daddy's monument-isn't it beautiful? It has a picture of their farm etched into the marble-Owen loved looking at the tractor and cows in the picture.

And here it is-my Mother's Day present! Just kidding, but this is Jacob's new (to us) car. He found it on Craigslist and he and his dad drove to Bentonville Sunday evening to pick it up. We are so excited! Jacob sold his truck about a month ago and he wanted to find something bigger for our expanding family. This was our first vehicle to purchase after becoming debt free and we were thrilled to pay cash for a car. Jacob really searched and searched and found a great deal. It was a pretty great weekend, I must say!

3 comments:
So fun to pay cash for something that big! We've already started saving for my next vehicle! Brent says we won't even start looking until we have the $$ saved! I just saw Olivia's pics on FB and they are precious!
Yay for walking away with a car that is completely yours!! And yay for Owen loving dirt :)
Happy Mother's Day weekend! You are right, You guys had a busy weekend. We tried to call a couple of times but didn't get you. Congrats on the new car! God provides. What a blessing
Post a Comment