Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two Peas in a Pod

Owen is pretty crazy about his little sister. Today, he leaned over her and whispered, "I love you." Insert "Awwww" here. I've already said he gives her zillions of kisses a day-sometimes that gets him in trouble because he gives her kisses when he's not supposed to (like when she's sleeping soundly). Anyway, here's a couple pictures to document the brother/sister bond they share. 

Sleeping Beauty and Owen
I put Olivia in Owen's bed while I was getting him dressed one morning. He thought that was tons of fun and wanted to lay down with her. He also thought they needed a blanket-so thoughtful. :) Anyway, here's the moment I captured. I love that Olivia is completely oblivious (much like her mother would be-we're pretty sound sleepers).

Bathing Beauties
Bathtime was twice as fun on this particular night! I'm a multi-tasker, what can I say? I think Owen enjoyed the company, but her tub definitely took up quite a bit of his play space. 

Before Owen was born, my brother told me I needed to sit Owen in a chair each month and document how he grew his first year. I thought that was a great idea, but never followed through. Since he's two and a half, I believe that boat has officially sailed. I decided I would try with Olivia. I can already see that there are going to be WAY fewer photos of her because, well, I'm busy, so I figure at least I can take her picture once a month-ha! Anyway, the above photo is one attempt, but then I realized I needed to zoom out so you could see her size compared to the chair (sometimes I'm a little slow-perhaps that's why the documentation never materialized for Owen). The photo below was the best from the photo shoot, so here is Olivia in all her one-month glory. She's still so tiny, but getting chubbier every day! Can't wait to watch her grow!


By the way, our internet is back (obviously). Glad to be blogging again! I know I'm going to be glad I have all these memories preserved somewhere. Everyone always tells me to enjoy this time because it goes so fast. I have certainly found that to be true with Owen and time seems to be flying by even faster with Olivia. I am definitely trying to savor every sweet moment with my little ones...making the days count. 

2 comments:

Emily Blackwell said...

Several things...
1. I almost cried as a result of the sweet Owen and Olivia interractions.
2. I laughed out loud at the strategically placed stars in the bathtub picture.
3. I LOVE that chair! Where did you get it and where is it in your house? You know how visual I am...I like to be able to imagine where ya'll are when I think about you...in a very non-stalkerish sort of way of course.

Anonymous said...

we come her for the pu--y mum show hers