Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chocolate

Owen has started going to Mother's Day Out one day a week. I have to pack him a lunch each week and I'm always curious what the other kids are eating. Owen's lunch usually contains a PB&J, fruit, string cheese and fruit snacks and I seem to lack the creativity to pack anything else. We were eating dinner the other night and Jacob and I were quizzing Owen about his day. Hoping I might get a little lunchbox inspiration, I said, "Owen, what do the other kids eat for lunch?" Without missing a beat, Owen replied, "Chocolate...and chocolate." Oh, my. That wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but Jacob and I enjoyed a good laugh! Owen does come by it honestly. Perhaps we'll see about adding a little chocolate next week...

2 comments:

Dania Efird said...

We've gotten really creative with the kids' lunches for school this year. If you want some ideas, let me know!

Amanda said...

Makayla is more limited but these are some things we pack. She usually has some combo of 4 items.

-soy butter and jelly
-ham or turkey sandwich or just the meat since she doesn't usually eat the bread
-crackers
-fruit (banana everyday)
-crasins
-green beans in the individual containers

-pigs in a blanket are a huge hit