Thursday, February 10, 2011

How Embarrassing....

We had a little excitement yesterday during the big snow. One of our neighbors decided to go for a drive and ended up in our front yard! For a while it was impossible to distinguish the road from the yards from the driveways from the... I'm guessing that's what happened. We have a big curb that sticks up sort of high, so he was really stuck. He was mortified...bless his heart.


As you can see, a whole village soon arrived to assist our wayward traveler and pulled his little car to safety. Owen had the best time watching the ordeal: snow, a big truck pulling a little car, hanging out with Dee-da it was the highlight of his day, for sure. He told Jacob they needed to get a rope and pull his car out with their hands...yeah, who needs a truck? (insert Tim the Tool Man man sound here)

Sis and I watched from the warm couch and took pictures.
She caught up on a little reading :)

The Morale of the Story: Don't go driving in 10 inches of snow (Mother). You may wind up in your neighbor's yard. And your neighbor might share your embarrassing tale (complete with photos) with whoever reads her blog. Just stay home.

2 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

As I was blog hopping around on this snowy day, I was delighted to come across your blog! I'll add it to my list to follow! That is pretty funny about your neighbor. I bet they would be so embarassed if they knew this was on your blog. Heehee. Glad you guys stayed warm inside!

Dania Efird said...

Brent got stuck in the middle of the road! In his truck! He had to be pulled out by a neighbor as well! No pictures to document that one, BUT he did get stuck again in our driveway! Snow is fun!