Friday, February 25, 2011

Memories

Any parent will tell you to savor the moments with your children because they grow up so fast. I have found that with two kiddos, time is moving at warp speed! Anyway, I started blogging as a way of recording memories, but I don't always have time to take pictures or sit and compose a post, so I came up with an alternative method to help me remember our everydays.

I bought a calender for Olivia instead of a baby book and I have written a little something in each day since she was born. I have really enjoyed filling the tiny spaces with little tidbits from our days. I started writing in a calendar for Owen, too, because he says and does silly things all day and I want to remember his funny words verbatim.

So, if you feel overwhelmed by a baby book (or guilty because you have yet to finish the one for your 3-year old...like me), here's my solution. I love looking back through the calendars and reliving moments. I know as Owen and Olivia get older, these calendars will be even more special to me.

4 comments:

Meg said...

What a cute idea!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! Look how much you've written! That's awesome. They will love that. Or Olivia will love it, and Owen's wife will love it. =) Although deep inside, I'm sure Owen will love it too!

The Hart Family said...

I really like this idea. They will be such a treasure. I've yet to finish Ryley's baby book myself, I doubt many moms ever do...I like your idea way better.

the.feeblefutts said...

Katy, I was just looking through the calendar that my mom kept when I was a baby like 2 hours ago. I think that is such a great idea! And you're so right... it seems way less overwhelming than a book. for all the small details.

Now I've gotta find me a calendar for Miss Elsy.