Today was my first unassisted day as a stay-at-home mom of TWO children. I'm certain there will be difficult days, but today was excellent! All three of us woke up after a surprisingly good night of sleep and got ready for a little outing. My main goal for the morning was to encourage Owen to play hard enough so he would be happy to take a nap-it's been a little tricky since the move to the toddler bed. My plan included a trip to the park-ambitious, I know, but we have a park less than a mile from our house. There are never any kids there, so I figured if Olivia had a meltdown (or I had one) there wouldn't be any witnesses. Anyway, I successfully loaded both children in the car and realized we needed gas. We made a quick stop at the gas station and then took a little detour by the doughnut shop (Owen and I needed a treat) before heading to the park. We had fun at the park for a good 45 minutes-1 hour until Olivia spit-up everywhere, so we retreated to the house. Owen played in the backyard until Jacob came home for lunch, then Owen and I took a walk around the block while Jacob watched Olivia. My plan worked because Owen went down for a nap with minimal shenanigans. Olivia napped, I showered (and did a happy dance) and then I was able to take a little nap (and do another happy dance when I woke up). Jacob came home, we had our dinner delivered to us (Thanks Jon, Kristin and Jake!) and Owen and I went for another walk. Bath and bed followed for Owen and I was able to sit down for a little while and relax with Jacob and Olivia. All in all, a good day. I'm sure you all are really thrilled to be reading about my rather unremarkable day, but if you knew how anxious I was about being on my own with two children, you would appreciate it's mediocrity. I just needed to record it for me, so when I have a difficult day I will know there have been and will be other good days like today. :)


3 comments:
I knew you would be fine! I thoroughly enjoyed the rundown of your day and am totally impressed that you went to the park with Owen and Olivia!
Love you!
I remember my first day with two kids! Like you I was so excited b/c they both napped at the same time and I even got a nap! Those are big milestones!
This post left me teary-eyed...I remember being so nervous about my first day with two children. Congratulations on "making it" and making it in such a great way! The rough days are hard, but no one ever said parenting is easy. Olivia is so precious, congratulations. Have a blessed week!
Post a Comment