Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bugs

Owen has a bug cage. He enjoys catching bugs and depositing them in the cage. Last night, he wanted to take his bug cage to bed with him, but since it contained an innocent looking moth, I thought that wasn't in the bug's (or Owen's) best interest.

Yesterday, Owen caught a grasshopper while we were visiting Great Grandma Jean in Clarksville. We have a "catch-and-release" approach to bug hunting, so Meme and I encouraged Owen to free his grasshopper before we headed home. He opened the hatch of the bug cage, but his little insect buddy seemed hesitant to take the leap to freedom. In a very quiet, encouraging tone, Owen leaned down, eye level with the his six-legged friend, and said, "You can do it." Oh, my boy. I love him a lot.

Speaking of bugs, I have a roly poly little girl on my hands! Olivia has been working to roll over for about a week and last Thursday she finally did it! Now, anytime we lay her on the ground she flips over fast. We can't even get a diaper off or on her before she rolls over; it's tricky changing a moving target!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Owen's pep talk says a lot about how sweet you are as parents! I can't believe that Olivia is rolling over already!