Olivia, you are very social. You flash your huge, open mouth, gummy grin at anyone who seems to be gazing in your direction. Those who give you direct attention get an enthusiastic foot bounce/kick along with your high-wattage smile.
Speaking of foot bouncing, your legs seem to be going all the time. When you are sitting, at least one of your little legs is "thumping" much like the beloved rabbit from Bambi.
You have started to grab things this month. You have always enjoyed chewing on your hands, but it's been entertaining watching you discover that they are good for other functions, too (like grabbing other things to chew on)!
You are a total tummy sleeper. I know it's against the rules, but I don't care and neither do you. You get yourself to sleep by sucking on your two middle fingers and the longer you are asleep, the higher your little booty sticks up in the air. I check on you each night before I go to bed not because I am concerned-I just love seeing your little bottom sticking up in the air. So cute!
You sleep 12 hours each night and take quite a few naps each day. I'm giving all that glory to God. I've said it before and I'll say it again, He knew I could only handle so much these past few months. ;)
We heard you giggle a few days ago. It was only a little giggle, but we are hooked and are trying all sorts of tricks to encourage you to recreate the sound. It's infectious. I can't wait to hear your hearty, enthusiastic laughter-can't wait!
You enjoy looking at yourself in the mirror. I'm not sure you realize it's you, but you are so intrigued and grin like you are greeting a new friend. You usually spot mama holding you up to the mirror and flash me a sweet smile, too.
You still thoroughly enjoy bath time. You kick, splash, smile and coo but you also try to roll over sometimes. Oh, my. I have to watch you like a hawk!
You are definitely a mama's girl and daddy's girl. Lately, you haven't been very nice to your grandmothers, but you seem to bask in the attention of your grandpa and papa. You are a stinker! You should know that getting in good with the grandmas will work to your advantage (b/c they will buy you lots of clothes and shoes). :)
You look so much like your brother (SO much!), but you are such a different baby. For example, Owen rarely ever spit up or drooled even when he was cutting teeth. You, on the other hand, slobber and spit up (just a little) throughout the day. I am learning to be better prepared, but this is new territory for mama. You also seem to have a distinct personality. I'm looking forward to watching you grow and mature. I think you are going to be active and outgoing. We shall see!
You are our joy! We've loved having you in our family for these past 4 months!


1 comment:
Olivia, we are crazy about you and can't wait for you to share those sweet little giggles with us over skype!
ChaCha Joe and Auntie Ams
Post a Comment