Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kick Count

Today I went to my 30-week Dr. appointment. That's right, in a mere 9 weeks, Miss Olivia will be arriving. That makes me a little anxious and pretty excited. Anyway, today my Dr. told me to really start doing my "kick counts" which means I have to make sure I feel at least 10 kicks within 3 hours after eating a meal. That shouldn't be a problem. Let me tell you, this girl has the kicking down! Good grief. I'm pretty sure she's laying sideways and she's been wiggling and moving like a little jitterbug. I sort of forgot what it felt like to have a little jumping bean doing happy dances in my stomach-I now remember: it feels weird and wonderful...and weird.

In other Olivia news, the twin bed (aka the grandma bed) is thisclose to being finished. It is PINK and so, so cute! I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Also, her fabric is on its way to my house and I cannot wait to see it. My mom is making all the bedding, etc. and I'm ready to put her to work!

Also, Owen LOVES to play in Olivia's crib. He drags his stool over to it, hoists himself in, and starts jumping away. One thing I love is how he refers to her bed as "Livia's bed" and her clothes as "Livia's clothes." He's going to be one sweet big brother. I can't wait to introduce him to his baby sister! Won't be long...

1 comment:

Emily Blackwell said...

My heart started beating fast as I read this post. If you thought I wouldn't be equally excited about Olivia as I was about Owen, you would be wrong. Because when the Blackwells move the Little Rock, yes I'm still diligently praying for that, Owen, Adelle, and Olivia [and whoever has been added by then] are going to be inseparable. And Owen will tease the girls but he'll really love them and be super protective if any one else tries to tease them. And I'll probably have all girls so Owen will be my makeshift little boy. You know how I have a soft spot for little boys!

Do you see this imagination of mine? And my uncontrollable urge to plan? I apologize. Sorta. But I'm so excited to meet Olivia! I am going to meet her somehow before she is 2 years old. I am, dadgummit.

I love you!