And so it begins...
When Jacob came home for lunch, I had just slipped back into my bathroom to finish getting ready. I had left Owen in the living room where he was happily driving his trucks and tractors on the couch. Jacob walked in, greeted Owen and noticed a graffiti artist had tagged our couch with his crayons. Big no-no...obviously. Owen got in trouble. When Jacob asked why he had drawn on the couch, Owen replied, "Jake came over...drawed on couch." Stifling our laughter (because you aren't supposed to laugh), we made sure he knew that WE knew it was OWEN who had committed the offense. Good grief. The couch is cleaned, the crayons have been put away and a lesson has been learned. The lesson: lying starts too soon.
On a more positive note, I banged my knee on the corner of our coffee table this morning (that's not the positive part). I crumbled to the floor (real dramatic-like) and told Owen I had hurt my knee. He said, "I kiss it, Mommy." Thanks, Owen-all better! :)


1 comment:
I'll never forget a time when Xavier was about 4. We told him over and over not to move a certain chair. We left the room and when we came back in it was moved again. We asked him who moved the chair, and said in the most serious voice....A Ghost did it mommy! It was so hard to laugh, but yes, like Owen, he got into trouble! Boys!
Post a Comment