Anyway, here's a video of Owen listening to one of his CD's. I caught him doing some motions and had to get it on camera. You'll hear him say, "I already 'do-ed' that" because I started the song over. He was anxiously awaiting the "Twinkle Song," so he wasn't too happy I'd messed with his playlist. :)
I also thought I better update on my nesting goals for February. It was really helpful to write them down and have a deadline for getting them finished. I am, however, an EXPERT procrastinator and managed to leave a couple things until the last minute. For example, I wanted to finish Owen's baby book and waited until Friday night to start searching through pictures on our computer to print. Needless to say, this one is still a work in progress, but I did get 90% of the pages filled out and the pictures to print have been chosen. So, not too bad. The second thing on my list was to get all my files sorted and put away. DONE! I went through every file we had and sorted and shredded and filed...it was quite the process, but I now have all the important papers where they should be and all the other stuff is gone. Third on my list was to make a 3-week menu and grocery list, so when Miss Olivia gets here I can pull out a list and go to the store, or, better yet, hand my list to someone else and send them to the store! I really like to cook, but menu planning and shopping aren't my favorite things. I am so excited because taking the time to do this project was great! I used one of my lists this week and was able to save a lot of money and cooking each night has been a breeze. I may try to expand my list to a couple more weeks. I printed a menu from here and filled it out for each week. I then typed my grocery list on the computer and printed it on a 4.5x6.5 index card, so it's easy to take to the store. I've always made weekly menus and lists, but this was much more thorough and systematic-I like it! So, of my three goals, I was able to knock off two-not bad. I am now re-organizing pretty much every closet and cabinet in my house. This nesting instinct is serious business!
Here's a picture of my menu and list and there's the menu on my fridge.
Well, I think that's enough for today. Goodness, I'm long-winded which is amazing because a lot of times its hard for me to breath with this girl kicking and tumbling so much! She is a wiggly little thing!


1 comment:
Way to go! You did way better than me this month!
Post a Comment