Monday, February 1, 2010

Nesting Goals

Emily at The Pilot's Wife makes a list of goals each month and posts them for all to see. I have never been great at actually putting my goals down on paper (which makes them really easy to ignore). ;) So, I thought I'd adopt Emily's approach and write a few things I would like to accomplish before #2 gets here. It should keep me accountable and help me get a few last minute things finished.

February Goals:

1.) Finish Owen's baby book.

Don't laugh. I actually did pretty well, but I still have a few details and pictures to add.

2.) Sort through file cabinet.

The cabinet lived in Olivia's closet, but it won't get to live there anymore. I really love to shred paper, so I am showing no mercy and destroying all unnecessary documents/papers. (This is sort of cheating because I started working on this last week).

3.) Make a 3-week Menu Plan/Grocery List

I usually make my meal plans on a weekly basis and shop with a list, but I know it will be helpful to have a few ready made lists when I'm juggling a new baby and a toddler.

That's a start anyway. I'll be sure to post my progress. Do you write out goals for yourself? If so, do you write them for the year, month, week, day?

2 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you're doing it too! And I haven't finished Miles' baby book either. Not even close in fact!

So excited for you guys with the new little one!

Beth said...

I write down a to-do list everyday, and I rarely get all of those accomplished! They seem so simple when I am listing them, but it gets so hard to get them all done. Good luck with the baby book. I am printing my blog to a book, and hopefully that will suffice. I can't belive in my new motherhood haze that I forgot to write down what Presley's schedule the first night we came home was. LOL! I can't believe I picked out that book!