Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Girls' Weekend

Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time with a few of my best friends from college. Vanessa and I drove up to Fayetteville and kept Christen company during the Spring snowstorm.

Me, Christen, and Vanessa.
I realize you can only see half of my face, but it's a cute picture of them.

We were obviously not prepared for the 13+ inches of snow. Vanessa and I decided to venture out for some McDonald's (Christen kept feeding us really healthy food-love you, Christen!), and these were her snow boots! We'll call them southern snow boots-plastic bags over her tennis shoes. Actually, I think Vanessa is wearing Christen's tennis shoes because she only brought heels and flip flops to wear for the weekend. I mean, really, who expects snow in Arkansas in the middle of March?

Here is Vanessa's car on Sunday evening after the snow had melted quite a bit. A funny episode occurred immediately after this picture was taken. Vanessa was working to uncover her car and in a series of unfortunate events managed to get approximately a foot of snow inside her car. You had to be there, but I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I wish I had a picture of what I was wearing. My outfit consisted of the lounge pants and t-shirt I slept in, my long coat zipped snuggly around my big belly, borrowed rubber boots that were too big for my feet and I'm pretty sure I hadn't brushed my hair or teeth all day. Anyway, we decided to dine in at McDonalds. I laughed pretty hard then, too, because Vanessa still had the bags on her shoes. We ate then I ordered 4 apple pies to go (to share with the others ;) and hoped we gave the workers some good stories to tell their buddies. "Today, at work, this pregnant lady and her friend came in dressed all crazy and ordered a ton of pies..."

It was a fun weekend. I can't say enough good things about having girlfriends. I cherish my friends and am so glad to have them in my life.

1 comment:

Emily Blackwell said...

This made me laugh and cry at the same time. Love ya'll so much and wish I coulda been there!