Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, we are home! We've been home since Monday night which was nice considering that should have been our first night in the hospital. :) We are adjusting amazingly well. Jacob and I have decided Olivia is an easier baby than Owen, but I think it's because we weren't quite as shocked this time around. Owen loves his baby sister OH SO MUCH! He really likes to hold her; here's a series to show you what a pro he is already.

First time Owen held Olivia in the hospital.

Big kisses from big brother.

Owen, Olivia and Meme.
That's one happy boy (and Meme)!

Today we took Olivia to the pediatrician so they could check her weight. She weighed 5 pounds, 11 ounces when she was born, 5 pounds, 5 ounces when we left the hospital (so tiny!) and 5 pounds, 7 ounces today. We're moving in the right direction! Dr. Blair said she looked great and said she should gain about an ounce a day, so she'll be a whopping 6 pounds by the end of next week. Olivia's Meme and Papa bought her a few preemie outfits and it's a good thing because her newborn outfits swallow her! I put a little newborn outfit on her yesterday that had a top and shorts and the shorts didn't even touch her waist. Oh, my! She is a petite little thing, but she has long, skinny feet and fingers. Hopefully she'll grow into them. We've decided she could be a great pianist, typist and point guard someday. For now, her long fingers serve as the perfect appetizer/pacifier when she gets hungry.

Jacob's mom (Meme) is staying with us this week. I had to laugh at her last night. She told Olivia she couldn't wait for her to call and talk to her on the phone. Meme said, "I'll buy you a cell phone if you'll call me." I thought that was cute. My mom and step-mom will be spending some time with us next week , so we'll have to see what kind of offers they have for this little girl. :)

We are feeling blessed beyond words to have two healthy babies home and sweet friends and family helping us adjust and welcome little Miss Olivia. God is so good.

4 comments:

A Different Light said...

Jake should be a pro with tiny little girl babies . . . I remember a certain little girl in our family that was born weighing 5'7" and he spent a ton of time holding her!

Olivia is so precious and we're so thankful for God's blessing on you guys. Enjoy!

Dania Efird said...

So sweet! Big brothers are great!

Emily Blackwell said...

I don't really know why but this post gave me a lump in me throat. Sweet little Owen! And Olivia! I surely do love me some Hills and am glad that everyone is adjusting nicely. I'm praying that things continue to run smoothly.

Whitney said...

Congratulations Katy! We are so glad to hear everything went great and that you are home adjusting well! Hope you get some good rest while you have the handy help.