Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sand and Caterpillars

To say Owen is loving the spring/summer weather we've been enjoying would be the understatement of the week. This boy LOVES to play outside-loves it. Owen has been even more eager to be outdoors since his dee-da put sand in the sandbox my dad made for him for his birthday last fall (it didn't make much sense to fill it before winter). Anyway, his first words when he wakes up each morning this week have been, "Go outside. Play in my sand." So, we've been playing outside in the sand and when we were out there yesterday we had a little visitor. This little fuzzy caterpillar was pretty funny to watch. He seemed confused-he knew he was crawling on wood, but it was obviously not a tree with leaves (amazing how I can get into the mind of a caterpillar-it's a rare talent). Owen and I liked watching this little guy crawl all over the sandbox.


Owen was quite intrigued, but definitely did not want the caterpillar in his sand.
He kept a close eye on him.

Owen eventually tired of the little critter, but I watched him until he crawled away to a real tree. I have to say, springtime is pretty wonderful.
It's nice to have some warm sunshine and fresh air after a long, cold winter!
I know my boy agrees!

No comments: