Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2-Month Check-up and Moving Report

I took Olivia to her 2-month check-up today. She weighs 9lbs 12oz; the doctor was thrilled with her weight gain considering her tiny beginning. She is still very petite, but healthy and happy and cute as ever. She was 21 1/2 inches long-growing like a weed or rather a beautiful little flower like those that so often adorn her head. :) She was a trooper through her shots (I mean, the tears and screams came, but quickly departed) and has been remarkably good-natured all day sans Tylenol. According to her nurse, it was not to be administered based on this research. While Olivia and I were at her check-up, Owen's second cousin, Lasey, came to entertain him. Lasey is a sweet, pretty 20-something and Owen adores her. As I was walking out the door, I could hear him telling her about each and every one of his toys-I warned her he would talk her to death and I bet he came close! It was so nice to not worry about Owen while Olivia got her shots-I wasn't sure how he would react to that particular procedure.

Anyway, here's a picture of our girl in her chair at 2-months. Next month's picture won't be against the orange backdrop...I'm not really sure I'll be able to get to the chair! Oh, I don't think I've mentioned we sold our house and will close July 16th! The chair will probably be in storage since we are currently homeless. :)

Owen decided he needed to be in the picture, too. I was happy to oblige!

Here's our girl cooing and talking to her bunny. This is her papasan chair and the bunny hangs down from a little leaf contraption. If I think about it too hard, it's a very strange toy. However, Olivia seems to enjoy the chair and the bunny, so apparently the person who designed it is brilliant and 'gets' babies...or is a little off, but got lucky with this one. Anyway, it's funny to see her talk to that bunny as if they are best friends catching up after a long hiatus-like college buddies returning to school after summer vacation. Ahh, the carefree days of college...

Our life right now is certainly not carefree! As I mentioned before, we sold our house (in 3 days) and are quickly transitioning. I sat down tonight and was literally dizzy, as in, the room was spinning. I think it must be the physical manifestation of all the emotions I'm feeling: sad to leave our home and friends, excited about our move, anxious about where we will live or what our "new" life will look like but confident that God has it all worked out and exhausted because I am chasing around a 2 1/2 year old and caring for an infant during this move. Taking deep breaths has been enough to get me through this circus so far, but before it's over, I may need a tranquilizer gun-ha!

2 comments:

Emily Blackwell said...

A few things:
1. I love that chair more every time I see it.
2. I love your kiddos more every time I see them.
3. Your college reference tugged at my heart a little bit.
4. You are a rock star for only needing deep breaths thus far. I will pray that such a fantastic attitude continues.

Love you!

The Hart Family said...

We enjoy that same papasan seat! The bunny has sparked some conversation with my little ones as well. I'm thrilled that things are going so smoothly for you. Keep taking those deep cleansing breaths :)