Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summertime!

Summer has never been my favorite season. I don't enjoy the heat unless I'm in a swimming pool and since that doesn't happen often, I don't like summer most of the time. That being said, I have been reminded lately of some pretty fun happenings that occur during the days of summer.

What I like about summertime:
  1. Long, sunny days
  2. Swimming
  3. Snow cones
  4. Catching fireflies
  5. Listening to the frogs in the evenings
  6. Warm, cool(er) evenings with beautiful sunsets
  7. Sonic stays open forever and the drinks taste colder and sweeter (yum!)

Here's a picture of Owen drinking from the water hose.
Before this picture was taken, he was running through the water while his dee-da made it "rain." He loved it!

Here's my boy after the downpour. He was soaked!

I like this one! There's a leaf stuck to his diaper.
He was ringing the doorbell so his dee-da would retrieve him.

Olivia can't quite run through the water, yet, so we found another form of entertainment. There is a flower on this thing that plays music-she loves it! She cooes and smiles at it.

This afternoon Owen and I stayed cool by running through the sprinklers and making mud pies. Owen would grab a handful of sand, throw it into the water and yell, "MUD PIE!" Apparently his pies can fly. :) We had a good time making a big mess!

More things I like about summertime:

8.) Watching my little boy drink from the water hose
9.) Making mud pies

Maybe summer isn't so bad.

1 comment:

Emily Blackwell said...

Okay, Olivia is finally getting some weight on her! More pictures of the little princess, please :) And as always, Owen CRACKS me up!