Friday, June 11, 2010

Cute Kids and a Moving Update

Whew! It's been a week! We are making serious progress thanks to some excellent helping hands. I'm beginning to think we really are moving, but more on that later...

The neighborhood we live in now has a circle drive. Owen loves to "walk around the circle," so we've made it part of our evening routine. Here's a picture of my boy playing in dirt. What's that behind him? A yellow highlighter-a treasure we found on our walk. Owen tried to draw on the dirt-it worked a little!

Look at his sweet face!


Look at Olivia's chubby cheeks! She is filling out quite well and is even sporting an extra chin these days. She is so fun-she "talks" and smiles at us and has a really pleasant demeanor. She especially loves talking to her dee-da...she's no fool!

Our friends, Beth and Presley, brought us dinner a couple nights ago (thanks, Hill's!) and a whole bag of Presley's bows and headbands. We had to try on a few. By the way, Olivia is laying on the quilt her nana made for her. I love it-it's so colorful and fun!

Here's a picture of one of my kitchen cabinets. Owen's Grandpa and Gran came down for a couple days and helped us pack. Most of my house is boxed up and the outside has been thoroughly cleaned-thanks, Grandpa and Gran! We still have some work to do, but I am pretty thrilled with the progress. We have two weeks until Jacob starts his new job and I think we will definitely be ready by then. I still sort of can't believe we're moving. However, I do have an overwhelming peace about everything which is obviously from Above considering our circumstances. :) Thanks for those of you who are praying us through this time!

Owen's quotes of the day:
Jacob was teasing/tickling Owen under his arms.
Jacob: "Owen, what's under there (meaning his armpit)?"
Owen: "It's a surprise!"

Grandpa Bruce: "Can we take Olivia home with us?"
Owen: "No. You are not allowed."

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those are some SERIOUSLY CUTE kiddos! I am so glad that we got to spend some time together. Olivia is precious and I was amazed at how smart and happy Owen is! He definitely has a contagious laugh. I am so glad that you have a peace about where God is leading your family. He has wonderful plans for you guys!

Kristin said...

I agree, those are cute kiddos!!