Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Ahh, a day at the pumpkin patch-one of the many reasons I love the fall. I had the opportunity last week to take Owen and Olivia to Johnston's Pumpkin Patch in Greenbrier with the MOMs Group from church. We had a really fun day and only a slight (okay, maybe a little more than slight) breakdown on the way home. Exhausted and hungry Owen=tantrum (he gets that from his Dee-da). Anyway, we did have fun looking at all the animals, relaxing on the hayride and picking out a pumpkin. Here are a few pictures from our day.

Johnston's Pumpkin Patch

.picking a pumpkin.

.bigger=better.

MOMs group...minus the moms :)


I'm not sure if you can see it, but Owen has a piece of straw in his hand. Apparently he thought the rabbits looked hungry. This must have been his peace offering because moments before this photo was snapped he had poked all the sleeping rabbits causing them to retreat to the back of their cages in an effort to escape the boots-wearing boy interrupting their slumber.

Again with the poking. It was the theme for the day. He would find all the chicks or ducklings that were sleeping and wake them up by poking their little down-covered bodies with his finger. Really. I asked Owen why he was doing that and he replied, "I want to wake them up." Okay, fair enough, as long as you have a good reason.

Owen really wanted to touch the piglets, but apparently they bite back. Fortunately there was a double fence. Thank you, Farmer Johnston.


This calf was SO cute! I think it walked straight out of a Golden book.
Yes, I'm sure it did.


Here we are enjoying our hayride. This picture reminds me how desperately I need a haircut. And make-up. And more sleep.

This is where Olivia hung out all day, so I thought I better snap at least one picture. She was super good all day. She really likes the BabyBjorn-she's a people watcher.


1 comment:

klh said...

Hey Katy,

First of all, I think you look beautiful :)
Boston has those exact same boots as Owen. He loves them and wants to wear them everyday!

Love you!