We are MOVING!
That's right-moving-as in packing up our stuff and hauling it to another location. Where will we be dropping our belongings? In the River Valley! We are leaving the place we have made home and moving to the place we used to call home. It is definitely a bittersweet situation. We know without a doubt we are doing what is best for our family, but we are heartbroken to leave our friends who have become like family to us. Fortunately, we aren't moving far and we are very familiar with the drive. We may go, but we will certainly be back to visit. I already have plans for play dates with Owen's buddies.Here's the short story: Jacob was offered a job in Russellville and was happy to accept said offer. The actual offer and acceptance was quick, but God has been directing us down this path for more than a year. We didn't necessarily know that at the time, but looking back it's quite clear. We had made Cabot our home and had no intention of leaving. However, through a series of circumstances, God changed our hearts, opened doors and prepared us for this HUGE change.
To say that life is a little crazy right now would be an understatement. If you remember, we have a 7-week old baby girl and a 2 1/2 year old son. Jacob starts his new job in 3 weeks. So, we'll be packing our belongings, getting our house ready to sell and trying to figure out where to live in our spare time-ha!
On a side note, let me tell you how to ensure a move is in your near future: paint a closet HOT PINK!


6 comments:
Wow! What a surprise...we moved 1 month before Collin was born and I thought that was tough, but I had it easy! You are so funny about the hot pink closet comment, it reminds me of when you were expecting Owen and you said the sure fire way to become pregnant was to buy a 2 seater sportscar. Perhaps Ryley, Owen, Collin and Olivia could schedule a playdate later this summer once you are settled in and rested up :) Congratulations on the new oppurtunity for your family.
That is SO exciting! Hope that everything goes smoothly and happy house hunting!!
Oh my gosh. May the force be with you.
Even though I sit here barely able to see through the tears, I am so thankful (excited is not a word I can use at this point...probably never) that God has paved the way for you guys!!! We are so blessed to have had these years to build a friendship, and believe me, a silly 1 1/2 hour drive is not going to take that away!! I want Owen and Jake to remain good buddies and for Olivia and Avery to become the same! You mean more to me than you could possibly ever know!! I love you all so much!
So often I felt blessed to know you and Jacob were happy in a wonderful home, a great church, with truly supportive and fun friends. To say I'm excited to have you closer is my understatement, but knowing you will be further from those friends makes me a bit sad for you. Yet we both know distance won't matter- just remember how Patsy is still part of my life from 1000 miles, so a trip to Cabot is a piece of cake!
Hey! SO excited! We get you guys back here! Where's Jacob going to work?
Post a Comment